All work and no play can probably make all the ‘Jacks’ and ‘Jills’ quite dull. No parent will ever like their children to go through something like this. While some parents set their children off to play schools for this reason, there are others who choose to create bright colored and fun area for the children right in the backyard of the house. In order to install a safe playground using novice construction skills the following instructions must be adhered:
1. The location chosen for the playground should be such that parents can monitor their children easily. Further the ground should be lush green and leveled enough for them to be able to play without hurting themselves.
2. Depending upon the age-groups and abilities of the children, one should choose similar equipments. While a parent may desire to create a playground full of challenging equipments, it is better to keep it simple, safe and fun-filled. Slides, different types of electric scooters, climbing walls and swings are few of the alternatives.
3. When safety is a concern, every parent needs to make sure that the base of the playground is constructed using safe surfaces such as rubber mulch and foam padding which spans over an area of at least six feet from the corners of the ground to avoid any mishaps.
4. One can make use of nature as well for children to make enjoy variety on the playground. Besides the slides and swings, even sand and climbing rocks can prove to be great features in a playground.
5. During odd weather conditions it becomes imperative to keep children protected from excessive heat and rain. Wide shelters over the playground can help keep children well-protected from sunburn and rain waters.
6. After the children are done with playing they might want to rest. Depending upon the age of the children, benches, hammocks, baby carriers and chairs can be used to seek relaxation. In case of infants, parents can choose hip baby carriers, front strap carriers, sling carriers or backpack carriers for seeking relief.
7. Fencing becomes an integral part of a playground. Long wooden fencing can keep the property and children safe from strangers or even animals. Not only does the property remain damage-free, it also keeps people from snooping in while children are having a fun time.
8. Once the playground is set, it becomes essential to keep a check on its maintenance. If the equipment in the playground has worn out and the chains or hinges need replacement, timely measures should be taken for avoiding any sort of accident. An inspection at regular interval of time can help in maintaining a safe playground.
9. Since children (especially of higher age) tend to go rough when playing, they may end up destroying plants in the backyard. Hence people who wish to grow shrubs and herbs around the house should keep that particular landscape away from the children’s playground.
These are some of the suggestions and advices which can help in creating a fun-filled and safe playground. There are various other measures that can be incorporated for constructing an advanced playground for children of higher age group. Whatever be the choice, it is extremely important not to forget about the safety measures of children.